Commercial transport is fully operational all over the world, with a few exceptions.
The Corona virus situation is evolving very fast, causing challenges to transportation and supply chain operations. At LEMAN, we monitor the situation very closely and are here to help you and will do our utmost to avoid any delays or disruptions in your daily business.
Despite precautions taken in Europe and around the world, for now, commercial transport is still fully operational in Europe and globally with only a few exceptions, eg. the Wuhan municipality in China. All LEMAN offices are operational and can support you with your transportation. At the same time, we will do everything we can to keep the risk of infection as low as possible for everyone involved in the transport - your employees and ours - while continuing to organize the flow of goods quickly and precisely.
As the situation is evolving daily, we recommend that you stay informed by contacting your local LEMAN representative, through LEMAN’s website or via official websites:
• WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
• SOS International: https://www.internationalsos.com/client-magazines/novel-coronavirus
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
• LEMAN: www.leman.com
At LEMAN we want to help prevent further spread of COVID-19. In order to protect our staff, customers, suppliers and drivers as much as possible, the following guidelines have been carried out:
• LEMAN drivers are provided with security equipment and hand disinfection whenever possible.
• Drivers are instructed to avoid close human contact and encouraged to wash hands frequently.
• Drivers and employees are strictly instructed to stay home, if any sign of sickness appears.
• Trucks and drivers from “red zone areas” are separated from other drivers and advised to stay in the cab.
• We avoid manually exchange of transport documents by using electronic solutions.
• When possible, cargo is transferred to intermodal (rail), air or ocean freight to minimize human contact.
• Hygiene standards have been significantly raised at all LEMAN locations.
• All business trips and travels are substituted by virtual meetings.
In Denmark, the Prime Minister has announced, that kindergartens, schools, and universities will be closed. Furthermore, all public sector employees, who do not perform critical functions, will be sent home on paid leave. At the same time, the Government has banned all indoor activities with more than 100 participants and advised everyone in Denmark to work from home during the next two weeks if possible.
As a consequence of the COVID-19 situation, please notice that LEMAN will not be liable for any losses, extra costs, delays etc. resulting from the circumstances of COVID-19.
If you have any questions about the situation and your shipments, please contact your local LEMAN office.